Progress is being made on Gypsy. It is the sort of progress that just slowly moves forward. No great leaps and not too many steps backward. We have many intersecting projects that all need something else to happen first. Nina calls these the chicken and egg projects. Yes, try to figure out what is an egg and what is a chicken.
One of the eggs was getting the sound deadening foam in the engine compartment. This foam has a regular foam side and a layer of lead filled foam to decouple vibration. We had this type of foam around the engine on our previous boat and it does cut back on the engine noise. We needed to get the foam on the engine room walls before we ran plumbing and electrical wires. We had to decide how the galley sink was going to be installed so we would know where the foam could go. The sink is new so we had to decide how it was going to fit. once that was decided the foam could go on.
We have been installing the large battery cables into the boat. This is the first step to getting everything wired.
We also had several projects that had been waiting for better weather.
Another project is that has been waiting was adding more rub strips on the boat.
The engine cover is another project. the cover is needed for noise suppression and to hide the engine. We are redesigning it because we did not like how the original cover worked.