We are back in the land of cold and wet. And back working on Gypsy, plugging away for that day when we, too, can head down the Columbia and hang a left.
Here’s what we’ve been working on. Holed up in the garage, Bill has been coating the settee seat backs with epoxy. They are now sanded and we’re waiting for decent weather to cut the openings and doors trim them with hardwood.
While Bill was making templates for the settee locker shelves, Nina was insulating drawers.
Bill’s shelf templates for the settee back lockers. They looked like this when they were waiting to go home. The lockers will get covered in the new white vinyl before we add the shelves and seat backs.
Our last project of the weekend was to think about how we could better use the space where the house bank of batteries lives. Bill made a box for them years ago when we first bought Gypsy. Looking at it now, we realized we needed to add accessible switches and fuses to them. The easiest way to do this is to move the box. If we shift it over a couple of inches, we’ll have access on both sides of the box, and it won’t be a complicated project. Now’s the time to do it.