It has been a five day weekend at the boat shop. We made progress on several fronts. The propane locker got its holes and top joint glassed again and is now done. The engine beds logs are prepped for glassing and the mounting holes for the deck hardware on the fore deck and cabin top have been cast and drilled out. Marsden made a new floor for the anchor locker. The new engine panel mount has been made. Now it needs to get installed in the cockpit.Nina has spent the last two days crawling in and out of the cockpit lockers with cardboard and tape and she now has a template for the cockpit support bulkhead. This will stiffen up the cockpit and prevent problems in the future. It also gives us something to mount the under deck auto pilot to.
While we have been working Tom and Chris have been finishing the cockpit combings. We will be able to comfortably sit on them as well as have real estate for winches and cleats.The dodger has been moving along. We epoxied PVC pipe to the curved parts. This took a bit more clamping.
The toe rail has been fit all around the deck. It is beautiful. Nina would like to add that it’s really gorgeous, even after it’s been put on twice now to fit the aft end of it, to locate the stanchion braces and get ready to drill the big holes.
We have also been working on the holes in the cabin sides that the ports mount into. Gypsy had had a couple of different styles of ports prior to the opening ports we installed. The cabin sides had holes that were sort of butchered and rescued. Bill made molds to fit into the port opening so epoxy putty can be formed around them.
2 thoughts on “Week 9: We pass the two month mark!!”
As I forward these on, everyone is totally amazed and cheering! Love the reports. You’re all working wonders!
you continue to amaze me ! the garden can be paid attention in the autumn.