One of the goals of this weekend was to get the port settee epoxied in place. We got all the pieces prepped and ready to go and hauled them to the boat in the rain.
While we waited for the wood to dry, we cut out a template for part of the lid over the starboard settee.
Once all the settee parts dried out enough to epoxy, the fun began. It took us about three hours to get it held together with screws and epoxy. Next job, tabbing the plywood to the hull with fiberglass cloth and epoxy. Then we get to sand and paint.
On Monday, we made a trip to Becker’s to do some stainless work. Nina made more rub rails and Bill worked on the rails for the companionway drop boards. Nina definitely had the easier job. All she had to do was cut the strips to length and shape and polish the ends. Bill had to round the corners, drill holes and countersink them and then polish. Getting stainless from rough to polished takes a lot of sandpaper and time, but it looks gorgeous once it’s done.